Event Logistics and Administration Coordinator
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (“Teledyne”), a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the design, development and manufacture of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors, modular expandable cameras and customized semiconductor products. Teledyne DALSA's products are used by customers worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media applications.
- Competitive compensation package
- Employer Contribution Option for RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Fun monthly social events and freebies
- Paid vacation time
- Comprehensive training and support
- A fast-paced and exciting work environment
- Expense reimbursement plan
- Company issued mobile phone and laptop (for professional use)
Who we are looking for:
You are an experienced logistics and administrative professional who is comfortable dealing with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. You take a collaborative approach to working with other departments to ensure project plans and freight management activities are on track and efficiently executed. You are highly organized and detail oriented, with top notch written and verbal communication skills. You are a savvy negotiator and problem solver who can manage multiple tasks while delivering excellent service to the organization. You are positive, energetic and self-confident, and comfortable interacting with members at various levels in a complex organizational structure.
You are excited to contribute to the success of Teledyne and support operations for numerous business units across the globe. We are growing, and hope to find a candidate who sees the possibilities and wants to grow with us!
Your key accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop route plans and execute all required international event shipments
- Track shipments against delivery deadlines while troubleshooting delays to ensure on-time delivery
- Lead operations and actively manage relationships with third party shipping, warehouse and inventory control contractors, to ensure billing accuracy and efficient service operation is maintained
- Work with internal trade compliance team to ensure compliance for import and export rules and regulations for all international shipments
- Manage and maintain cloud based inventory management portal for properties and assets
- Procurement, financial documentation and reporting for all program expenditures
- Update and maintain project plan templates and conduct status update meetings with project teams for shows and events
- Administration of forms for service orders, applications and contracts
- Source vendors and negotiate terms for space selection, shipping and service contracts with various vendors
- Coordinate travel and accommodation as required
- Provide administrative support to Marketing Manager – Trade Events for analysis, reporting, capacity planning and integration activities as required
- Ability to pack crates and coordinate physical shipping requirements (deliver to required locations/departments/buildings)
- Willingness to procure items from local stores and transport time sensitive assets between locations within Ontario, using personal transportation
- College Diploma or University Degree in related field. Preference given to those with a major in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Logistics or Operations.
- Computer proficiency using windows based Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience managing shipping and logistics in a related capacity
- Proven ability to learn quickly and follow process
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to work outside office hours (evenings / weekends) during busy periods to execute urgent, time sensitive tasks and events
- Valid drivers licence with daily access to a reliable car
- Ability to lift, pack and carry items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Willingness to travel 10% of time
Additional desired skills and experience:
· Experience in a marketing communications role
· Previous trade show or event operations experience
· Eye for graphic, space and/or structural design
Please quote file number ELAC0821 when applying and include a cover letter.