Jr Embedded Systems Designer
ON Semiconductor’s Medical and Wireless Division is looking for an enthusiastic and technically skilled individual to join the Hardware & Systems team. The Hardware & Systems team is involved in many levels of product development from initial concept to release for production. The focus of the team is the design and development of hardware and embedded software to augment the division’s ASIC and ASSP offerings. The team also works on the architecture, technical requirements, verification and characterization of new chips and related systems, as well as System-in-Package (SiP) products.
It is the expectation that the successful candidate would lead various activities ranging from hardware design, software and Firmware design, evaluation of Integrated circuit and systems, leading audio qualification, and supporting customers with design ins activities.
- Embedded SW development for Wireless and IoT applications.
- Usage of lab equipment for System testing and application level debugging
- Generation of documentation to support the applications development and testing results.
- Customer support tasks.
- Undergraduate or Masters engineering degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, System Engineering, or related discipline.
- Up to 2 years of experience in a related technical field.
- Experience C/C++ for embedded systems.
- Experience in Microcontrollers architecture and peripheral, preferably ARM Cortex M3.
- Experience in Bluetooth or Bluetooth smart (BLE) development is an asset.
- Experience using lab equipment including Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
ON Semiconductor offers accommodations during the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities. Should you require accommodation through this process please advise Human Resources. Information received relating to the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
ON Semiconductor is a premier supplier of high performance silicon solutions for a diverse range of energy efficient electronics. The Medical Division enables developers of advanced medical technology to solve unique design challenges in hearing health, implantable and other medical applications. We bring silicon to life and are driven by our role in helping people to hear and helping to keep hearts beating. Our product portfolio includes digital signal processing (DSP) systems, mixed-signal Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs), miniaturized packaging, along with software and development solutions. We invite you to join our innovative team and truly make a difference in someone's life.