ON Semiconductor’s Medical & Wireless Products Division creates standard and custom semiconductor solutions in the consumer, automotive, portable medical and 4G+ smartphone RF markets. For our standard solutions, we rely on a team of Application Engineers to help our top customers design our solutions into their products. We want to add another Application Engineer to the team, with a focus on automotive and embedded firmware applications.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be helping our Sales team and our customers to apply our products into their designs.
You’ll be responsible to get our products ready to go to market, checking the user experience and creating reference designs and demos.
You’ll train our field applications engineers, salespeople and channel.
You’ll have direct interaction with our best customers and we will rely on your collected insights to guide the definition of the next products on our roadmap.
You’ll develop our knowledge database with everything you learn about our products and applications.
You’ll write application notes, blog posts and contributed articles for industry publications.
You’ll travel around the world to customer sites, conferences or other ON offices, up to 25% of the time.
In short, you’ll play a significant role in our team as we create semiconductor solutions that improve people’s lives.
- Undergraduate technical degree: Electrical, computer, mechatronics engineering or similar.
- Experience in the automotive market.
- Experience in embedded systems design. Firmware experience with ARM Cortex and/or DSPs.
- Resourcefulness: eager to succeed in the face of a challenge.
- Effective communication skills. Must present well in front of a customer.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in low-power wireless technologies: Bluetooth LE, magnetic induction, protocols, etc.
- Experience in audio processing, wireless audio, miniature design, LTE/4G protocols.
- Experience with PCB design and tools: schematic capture and layout.
The Medical & Wireless Products Division creates semiconductor solutions that improve the lives of our end customers. We solve unique design challenges in hearing health, implantable and other medical applications and we help the latest smartphones get better wireless connections and longer battery life. We bring silicon to life invite you to join our innovative team and truly make a difference in someone's life.
ON Semiconductor is a premier supplier of high performance silicon solutions for a diverse range of energy efficient electronics. ON Semiconductor promotes a mutually rewarding partnership that creates a customer-oriented organization, encourages innovation and teamwork, and rewards achievement. Employees around the world are collaborating to develop new technologies, energy efficient solutions and more efficient ways to do business.
ON Semiconductor offers accommodations during the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities. Should you require accommodation through this process please advise Human Resources. Information received relating to the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.