- Team Lead, Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Job Function
- Engineering, Research & Development
- Job Type
- Full time
Team Lead, Cyber Threat Intelligence
eSentire is looking for highly capable individuals to be part of a best-in-class cyber threat intelligence team. eSentire is a recognized industry leader and one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Tech company. We work in a collaborative and innovative work environment with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. Join us to gain rewarding and developing career experience with the ability to grow and make an impact from your work.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for supervising a technical team of intelligence researchers and analysts. This is a senior hands-on role for a person who is looking for leadership accountabilites, or a career transition. Along with strong people management skills and keen intelligence experience, you are enjoying being methodical and applying creative thinking, with the capacity to push conventional boundaries, aiming to deliver state-of-the-art cyber security protection services.
- Lead highly complex threat intelligence research projects provide expert knowledge in assisting the team to produce high-quality tactical and strategic intelligence products.
- Track and coordinate completion of day-to-day intelligence related activities working collaboratively with all internal stakeholders.
- Liaison with a broad network of partners at the local, state, federal and peer institution levels to develop best threat intelligence practices.
- Own and maintain operational intelligence requirements for the team as well as develop formal training content.
- Develop written and oral briefings to inform senior managers including Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technology officer, engineering and professional services heads.
- Make decisions, take independent action, analyze problems, and provide focused solutions with the ability to effectively communicate information to various audiences.
- The manager will assign other duties if required.
- 40% – Intelligence Management
- 40% - Intelligence Escalations
- 20% - Intelligence Reporting
- Minimum of 3 years of threat research experience or an analytic role of either intrusion detection or security consultant.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a security team and supervising people to ensure timely response and work completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand complex problems while formally presenting them simplistically.
- Understanding of the cyber security industry and business problems that needs to be solved.
- Ability to use one of the following programming languages: (Java/Ruby/Python/Perl/R).
- Experience with application security, network security, reverse engineering, or malware.
- Experience in developing and delivering intelligence briefings
- Experience in performing security incidents detection and handling in an operational environment such as SOC, CSIRT, CERT.
- Work will be conducted in the standard business environment during 9 to 5 office hours.
- The position does not require the availability for on-call rotation, extended travel, or 24/7 shift coverage.
- In case of emergency working hours might be modified.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of pre-employment screening including references, criminal background and credit history checks.
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $5 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.