Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Job Function
- Engineering, Research & Development
- Job Type
- Full time
eSentire is looking for highly capable individuals to be part of a best-in-class cyber threat intelligence team. eSentire is a recognized industry leader and one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing tech company. We work in a collaborative and innovative work environment with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. Join us to gain rewarding and developing career experience with ability to grow and make an impact from your work.
Scope and Purpose
As an Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will process data and information to assess cyber threat capabilities of current and emerging threats to drive insight to inform policymakers/operators. Conducts research and evaluates proprietary technical and open-source intelligence to develop in-depth analysis and assessment on threats to systems, customer’s networks and/or infrastructure. Develops estimates of risks associated with technologies and discovered threats, enabling organization to assess the resources needed to respond effectively. Performs post-event analysis, and produces intelligence reports for users, senior officials, and other customers and as representative cases. Supports all aspects of the intelligence lifecycle (e.g., plan, collect, evaluate, analyze, report).
Specific tasks that the incumbent may perform include, but may not be limited to:
- Produce timely, fused, cyber threat intelligence and/or indications and warnings intelligence products (e.g., threat assessments, briefings, intelligence studies, industry’s specific studies)
- Monitor open source websites and internal sources for hostile content directed towards organizational or partner interests.
- Monitor and report on validated threat activities
- Provide subject matter expertise to the development of cyber operations specific indicators
- Provide evaluation and feedback necessary for improving intelligence production, intelligence reporting, collection requirements, and operations
- Provide subject matter expertise to the development of a common operational picture for SOC, Product Development, and Sales Engineers teams
- Collaborate with industry intelligence analysts and security researchers involved in related areas
- Engage all relevant stakeholders to understand customers' intelligence needs and wants
- 35% - Threat Research and Analysis
- 40% - Written Intelligence Reporting
- 20% - Presenting Findings and Results
- 5% - Administrative Tasks
The candidate must demonstrate and may be tested as part of the hiring process or after hire, the following specific competencies, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk)
- Knowledge of common computer/network intrusions methods (Malware, Web exploitations etc.)
- Knowledge of cyber attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks)
- Knowledge of cyber intelligence/information collection capabilities and repositories
- Knowledge of analytical constructs and their use in assessing the operational environment
- Knowledge of the intelligence frameworks, processes, and related systems
Advantageous Abilities and Skills
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize large quantities of data (which may be fragmented and contradictory) into high quality, fused targeting/intelligence products
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well- organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means
- Ability to think critically and recognize and mitigate cognitive biases which may affect analysis
- Skill in writing, reviewing and editing cyber security or risk related assessment products from multiple sources
- Skill in tailoring analytical products to the necessary audience levels needs
- Skill in identifying alternative analytical interpretations to minimize unanticipated outcomes
- Skill in utilizing feedback to improve processes, products, and services
- Skill in preparing and presenting briefings
The following Conditions of Employment apply to this position:
- Work Hours: Work will be conducted in the standard business environment in Cambridge, ON and during 9 to 5 office hours. The position does not require the availability for on-call rotation, extended travel, or 24/7 shift coverage.
- Training Requirement: The incumbent will be required to successfully complete all required computer training within the first year of employment.
- Security Screening: This position is subject to the successful completion of pre-employment screening including references, criminal background and credit history checks.
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $5 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.