Business Development Manager
Do you have a strong desire to work in technology sales, leading an enthusiastic Business Development team? Are you a lead generation expert with a passion for and experience in building, developing and coaching a high performing sales team? This is an outstanding opportunity where you will be playing a major role in ensuring the achievement of company goals, specifically as it relates to our Business Development team.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing a team of approximately 10-15 Business Development Representatives (BDRs), who generate Sales Qualified Leads for the Field and Inside Sales Teams. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring daily tactics are executed in a timely fashion, and that the Business Development strategy is clearly defined in connection with the Director of Inside Sales.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead a team of approximately 10-15 high-performing, career-driven Business Development Representatives responsible for generating new business opportunities for eSentire
- Onboarding, coaching and overall development of BDR’s
- Optimize BDR Strategy and go to market lead generation plan
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the BDRs on their daily activities; in particular, assist in training new BDRs to improve the ramp-up time of new hires, thereby improving team output
- Produce reporting on output vs. goals, and provide input into strategy to improve this output
- Work cross functionally to ensure BDRs are trained on Product, Process & Sales skill development
- Assist with strategic projects including but not limited to data strategy, tools purchases, Salesforce integrations as required
- Provide input to Director on cultural/job satisfaction issues within the Business Development Team
- Coach team members on targeting and qualifying prospective clients via their strategic territory plan
To be successful in this role you will have:
- College/University Degree or Diploma in relevant field
- 5 years’ overall experience, and at least 1-3 years’ experience leading a team
- Strong background in lead generation and experience in leading a team
- Strong understanding of the technology lead process from marketing to sales
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- Strong understanding of eSentire’s Service Offerings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Proven ability to delegate responsibilities and tasks effectively
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Previous exceptional BDR experience
- Aptitude for encouraging and inspiring continued skill growth in team members
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality service
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $5 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
Our Culture: At eSentire, we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire, you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is many lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We are strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness, and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.