Embedded Systems Designer
As a member of the Hardware and system team, it is the expectation that the successful candidate would lead various activities ranging from hardware design, software and Firmware design, evaluation of Integrated circuit and systems, leading audio qualification, and supporting customers with design ins activities.
ON Semiconductor’s Medical and Wireless Division is looking for an enthusiastic and technically skilled individual to join the Hardware & Systems team. The Hardware & Systems team is involved in many levels of product development from initial concept to release for production. The focus of the team is the design and development of hardware and embedded software to augment the division’s ASIC and ASSP offerings. The team also works on the architecture, technical requirements, verification and characterization of new chips and related systems, as well as System-in-Package (SiP) products.
- Embedded SW development for Wireless and IoT applications
- Usage of lab equipment for System testing and application level debugging
- Generation of documentation to support the applications development and testing results
- Customer support tasks
- Under graduate or Masters engineering degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, System Engineering, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in a related technical field.
- Experience C/C++ for embedded systems.
- Experience in Microcontrollers architecture and peripheral, preferably ARM Cortex M3.
- Experience in Bluetooth or Bluetooth smart (BLE) development is an asset.
- Experience using lab equipment including Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills