Supplier Quality Engineer
An individual with a thirst for knowledge and all things manufacturing, you are at home creating and developing manufacturing systems and concepts from the ground up. Highly organized with the ability to clearly communicate with cross-functional teams both internal and external, you will drive excellence across the organization.
What you’ll do:
Your primary responsibility will be to define and support the product specific manufacturing plan required for assembly, test, inspect and pack. This may include equipment requirements, jig and fixture design, specification creation, directing and managing vendors and qualification of suppliers:
- Participate in PFMEA and DFx reviews with the design and production teams
- Help define the manufacturing plan
- Help develop and implement the assembly, test and inspection processes
- Develop and maintain cosmetic, inspection and process validation steps
- Provide employees with training and guidance in quality processes and requirements
- Develop and maintain a receiving inspection process
- Along with the Supply Chain team actively manage vendor quality and performance
- Manage equipment purchase and installation
- Develop and maintain quality system
- Develop a RCCA process and work closely with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve issues and provide technical support
- Develop quality control system that facilitates early issue detection. to our supplier and layouts that follow lean manufacturing philosophies of one piece flow and kanban, with emphasis on mistake proofing
- Support daily Cost, Quality and Delivery meetings with other team members
What you need:
- Minimum BS/BA in Engineering, Mechanical or Quality/reliability related discipline or technical diploma and equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience ideally in a consumer electronics environment bonus for experience in wearables
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing practices (Kanban, Poke-Yoke, JIT, Value Stream Mapping)
- Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen and/or SPC experience
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities
- Superior supplier management skills
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to ensure commitments are met
Bonus points for:
- Experience in working with high-volume contract manufacturers and have an understanding for manufacturing needs such as Dfx, process control and inspection standards
- Comfortable working with electronic hardware, tools, fixtures, and gauges
- CAD and advanced Mechanical knowledge
- Cosmetic standards expertise on machined, plastic and painted surfaces
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.