Computer Vision Engineer
You're a brilliant engineer and problem solver that loves to write machine vision algorithms which can "see" images like humans do (if not better!). You have years of experience working with a wide variety of images and deploying practical computer vision solutions, and you're also familiar with machine learning techniques which can provide more dynamic and adaptable solutions. You love data which challenges your expectations, and you're excited to dive into the world of wearable technology.
What you'll do:
- Develop computer vision algorithms and systems to solve hard problems involving 3D modelling, object recognition, etc.
- Build systems with high accuracy and robustness despite many sources of variability
- Work with various cameras, sensors, and configurations
- Design evaluation methods and metrics for vision algorithms and systems
- Apply machine learning to computer vision problems
- Find creative ways to prototype ideas and iterate quickly
- Work closely with both hardware and software teams to find innovative solutions to hard problems
What you need:
- Extensive experience developing and deploying computer vision and image processing algorithms
- Experience deploying computer vision in real-world products or systems
- Strong coding skill in C++, Java, Python, or MATLAB
- Familiarity with OpenCV or other image processing software library
- Working knowledge of linear algebra, 3D geometry, and statistics
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills; ability to reason from first principles
- Master's or PhD with focus in computer vision, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with depth sensors and multi-camera systems
- Practical experience with machine learning methods and algorithms
- Prior work designing evaluation metrics and systems for vision algorithms, cameras, or other types of sensors
- Experience working on products that involve simultaneous hardware and software development
- Proficiency with other programming or scripting languages
- Proficiency with a VCS (preferably git)
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.