You have built your career in facilities management and have covered virtually every aspect of the discipline. As a result, you are excited by the opportunity to take the best practices you have honed and apply them in a new and innovative atmosphere. You like fast paced environments and enjoy interacting with people to find out creative and effective solutions to their facility needs.
What you will do:
You will have the opportunity to build out the facilities department within a fast-growing tech company. This will also mean you will get to design, deploy and operate facility processes and systems from the ground up:
- Act as key contact to all internal company staff/employees and external vendors on all facility matters
- Coordinates building space planning allocation and layout, & implements office moves/relocations
- Plans, budgets and coordinates facility projects
- Administer all onsite third party service contracts: office moves/relocations, janitorial, security, grounds-keeping/snow removal, waste management and recycling programs, pest control, general maintenance, and other related property management services
- Develop and administer annual expense and labor budgets
- Establish and maintain department key performance indicators, processes and procedures
- Supervise facilities staff including: hiring, training, and development
- Ensure that all facility operations are compliant with all local, Provincial, Federal and internal regulations and procedures
- Develop site security plans including video surveillance, fire detection, intrusion and access control systems
- Coordinate site emergency response program & site environmental sustainability programs
- Manage facilities equipment audits and record-taking policies
What you need:
- 8+ years of facilities management experience in an industrial facility required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facility Management, Engineering or a related field is preferred
- FMP, SFP, or CFM Certification is preferred
- Facility management finance knowledge
- Leadership experience with facility maintenance trades
- Day to day operations management & project management skills
- Knowledge of telecommunications and security equipment
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a tech start-up/scale-up environment
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.