Administrative Coordinator - Manufacturing
You’re an administrative professional with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. You excel in a fast-paced environment and are able to manage and prioritize numerous and varied tasks. You pride yourself on your attention to detail and quick response time. You have previous experience as an administrative assistant, receptionist, office coordinator, or office manager, and are looking for a new challenge. The first and primary focus of this role in the beginning will be the oversight of our interview scheduling process and you'll assist with hiring across two office locations. This role is based at our manufacturing facility, but you'll work as needed from our Kitchener headquarters.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a relevant field of study
- Experience in an administrative and/or human resources role
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Google Apps
- Ability to prioritize and to take initiative
- Willingness to wear multiple hats
- Within the first two weeks, learn the interview coordination process and take over interview bookings and candidate handling for multiple teams.
- As the main point of contact, correspond with candidates and help them through the interview process while reflecting Thalmic’s high standards with an efficient and organized process.
- Schedule candidates and interviewers and arrange any travel that may be required.
- Coordinate on all aspects of the process with the Culture and Talent team.
- You’ll rely on the support of and will liaise extensively with the Culture and Talent team.
- Within the first four weeks, learn and take over the administrative procedures for our manufacturing facility.
- As the main point of contact for employees based at that office, maintain office supply inventory, keep things organized and assist with scheduling as needed.
- Oversee onsite catering companies, cleaning services, and other service providers.
- Assist with shipping and receiving duties as needed.
- You’ll rely on the support of and will liaise extensively with the Administrative team.
- Within three months, understand more about the way all offices that comprise Thalmic Labs work, and make recommendations for best practices that can help the teams within operate more smoothly. Help the Administrative team develop and implement administrative procedures.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.