System Design Engineer
You’re a highly experienced systems engineer with expertise in designing compact imaging systems. You can draw upon your years of experience to create innovative optical designs to tackle the hardest problems in the industry. You have a passion for systems design and stay on top of all the latest technology and developments in the field. You thrive in collaborative team environments and enjoy opportunities to contribute your ideas.
What you will do:
- Analysis of existing systems to identify design strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify areas for generational improvement and strategies for implementation, this includes gathering
- internal information on areas for improvement.
- Gather and analyze new technologies which may be relevant to future R&D projects.
- Generate specifications and verification strategies for new components.
- Work with vendors to execute new components, and implement our verification programs.
- Advanced modelling of future designs to facilitate Hardware and Software co-design.
- Assist internal design teams with integrating their own systems with next-gen technologies.
What you need:
- Mastery of a systems analysis and modelling tool (eg. MATLAB, Python and NumPy, SystemC or System Verilog).
- Extensive experience in at least two of the following areas: SoC specification and design, Analog and Mixed Signal electronics, Electro-Optics, System-wide Power design and analysis.
- Experience in bench modelling of mixed domain systems (digital, analog, and at least one other discipline).
- Clear presentation skills: candidate must be able to clearly and effectively communicate new ideas internally and with prospective vendors.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Digital design and FPGA implementation.
- Experience in Power and Thermal modelling.
- Cadence/Orcad schematic capture and layout tool experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have most of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply! Thalmic Labs is committed to continuing to provide an inclusive environment that values multiple perspectives and diversity of experience. So give us a try-we can’t wait to meet you.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.