Product Manager, Hardware
What you will do
- Be the CEO of your product feature or area, driving it from concept to market
- Understand the consumer, working with the User Research team to learn about their pain points, goals, and expectations
- Help define a product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Work collaboratively with world-class designers, engineers, and marketers
- Write detailed product specs, translating research and intuition in to product scenarios, detailed features, and MVP
- Work with design, engineering, and QA teams to prioritize scenarios and release them
- Establish product feature KPIs to measure product success
- Conduct usability studies, perform A/B testing, to constantly improve and tweak the experience
What you need:
- Background in delivering new hardware products
- Adept at working closely with hardware as well as manufacturing teams
- Strong empathy for understanding consumer needs and translating them into products that improve their lives
- Strong passion for delivering an incredibly high quality product that meets product, design, and business goals
- Previous experience in product management, product design, or product engineering
- BA/BS in a technical or liberal arts field and/or an MBA
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Deadline and detail-oriented. Exceptional problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills. Excellent multi-tasker. Proven ability to work as part of a fast-paced team.
- Capable of leading through influence; holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals
- Able to maintain a positive, confident attitude, be a source of team morale, and at all times stay composed and effective.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Diversity is Thalmic’s strength, and we are committed to providing a workplace where all people feel welcome and can contribute their best every day. We embrace all forms of diversity, which include but are not limited to: a variety of skills and experience, cognitive style, tenure, education, age, race, nationality, ability, family status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.