Machine Learning Researcher
You're a brilliant computer scientist or mathematician. Not only do you keep up-to-date with the latest breakthroughs in machine learning, but you strive to make those breakthroughs yourself. You have a deep understanding of the theory and mathematics that underpin modern machine learning, and you've developed a strong intuition for how to apply and improve these methods in practice. You love data which challenges your expectations, and you're excited to dive into the world of biosignals and wearable technology.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, and evaluate novel machine learning models and techniques for a revolutionary new wearable computing system
- Leverage and improve upon state-of-the-art machine learning methods to solve challenging problems across a variety of domains
- Work with biosignals and other user data to bring intelligence to wearables
- Collaborate closely with software, hardware, and R&D teams to push the boundaries of what technology can do
What you need:
- Strong theoretical knowledge, including mathematical foundations, of modern machine learning systems and techniques
- Practical experience implementing and expanding on a variety of machine learning models
- Strong statistical background and ability
- Experience working with both real-time data and large offline datasets
- Excellent coding skill in Python or similar
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, engineering, or equivalent, with a focus on machine learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a product-driven organization
- Experience working with biosignals, IMU, and data from other wearable sensors
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
- Proficiency with git
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Spark Capital and Intel Capital.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, such as Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we encourage unconventional thinking, thrive on great communication and debate, and know how to move quickly. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning and improvement. Most of all, we set high standards and ambitious goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products.