Data Network Analyst
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. We are inviting an awesome Data Network Analyst to join our Technology team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
We are excited to announce that our technology department here at Fibernetics is looking for a highly motivated networker to join our team. You have the opportunity to help our team deliver innovative solutions and be IN! We are passionate and we expect the same from you. If you love networking and would like to be part of our team, then apply today!
ways you contribute
• You will help us to improve our data network and related systems.
• You will help us to reduce costs through efficiency and innovation.
• You will work on projects and operational change requests.
• You will help us to support the network through on-call rotation.
• You will occasionally work overnight and perform on-site DC/CO work.
• You will participate in product development initiatives.
• You will gain exposure and learn Telecom and ISP specific technologies.
• You will document both existing and new solutions.
• You will audit equipment, wiring, logical connectivity, etc.
• You will perform new circuit turn-up’s and troubleshooting (DSL, PPPoE, T1, Fiber connectivity).
what makes you awesome
• You have an ISP/Telecom background.
• You are focused on networking but are interested in learning about all technologies.
• You have strong organizational skills: planning, coordination, and documentation.
• You can prioritize a vast list of simultaneous tasks and projects, day to day.
• You can research and think through hypothetical scenarios while considering the pros and cons.
• You are highly adaptable and have a mixed skilled set.
• You are a clear and effective communicator.
• You are comfortable with vendor interaction and handling tickets, etc.
• You have familiarity with and prefer best practices such as ITIL, SDLC, and PMP.
• You are used to constant change, limited resources, and great expectations.
• CCNA and CCNP certifications are considered a bonus.
must have skills and experience
• You are very comfortable with OSPF, BGP, and related troubleshooting.
• You must be comfortable with Linux/UNIX CLI.
• You have documentation skills (MS Word and Excel, diagrams with MS Visio, etc).
• You have standardization/best practices experience (ITIL, SDLC, PMP).
• You are comfortable with following MOPs for changes and rollback.
• You have experience with network lab building and testing.
• You can demonstrate common network troubleshooting tools and procedures (ping, traceroute/mtr, mac address/ARP lookup, Cisco switching & routing commands, graph interpretation, etc).
• You have monitoring experience such as Cacti and other SNMP-based tools.
• You are used to IP Address Management (subnet allocation best practices).
• You are comfortable with out of band access methods (RS232 console, iDRAC, iLO, etc).
nice to have skills and experience
• MPLS VRF P/PE (L2 & L3) troubleshooting.
• OSPF, BGP, MPLS design experience.
• GNS3, VM simulators.
• DPI/Traffic optimization.
• DDOS mitigation experience.
• IPSEC, L2TP, VPN experience.
• Firewall & Load Balancer experience.
• Physical installation, power, cooling, cabling: best practices, etc.
• Asset management experience.
• Server software experience (web server, mail server, DNS, Database, etc)
• RADIUS server config/protocol experience.
• Wifi security and best practices.
• Experience with tools like tcpdump and wireshark.
what makes us awesome
• Located in a scenic area ideal for nature walks during your break and catching a glimpse of wildlife.
• Attractive benefit plan.
• Three weeks of vacation to start.
• Paid day off for your birthday.
• Two paid days off a year to use for volunteering with a charitable organization.
• Dog friendly office.
• Flexible hours for most positions.
• Full kitchen with free coffee and tea.
• Fully-equipped on-site gym open to employees 24/7.
• Showers on-site.
• Lounge with foosball tables.
• Social Committee with regular company lunches & events.
• LAN Parties.
• Free parking.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be in. We look forward to hearing from you!