Are you interested in guiding a team of highly capable, multidisciplinary developers creating innovative and high-quality measurement and robotic technologies for a range of infrastructure inspection applications?
2G Robotics is committed to a collaborative culture of innovation focused on the development of advanced measurement systems for the installation, inspection, and maintenance of the world’s subsea assets.
We are looking for candidates with expertise using industry best practices for both Software and Electronics development. You will provide a combination of professional and technical guidance to the team in addition to helping manage development priorities and executing on development activities themselves.
About The Position
The engineering management position is multifaceted, requiring someone with a range of technical skills, project management capability, and people management potential.
The successful candidate will have strong electronics and software development experience, be able to lead software and electrical architecture design and be involved in the mechanical design aspects, take part in implementing the solution and provide guidance to others on the team regarding industry best practices.
Working with a relatively small but growing team of 12 people, you will be responsible for managing the development sprints, reporting on development progress and expected schedule.
2G Robotics recognizes that developing our internal teams and culture is critical to employee satisfaction and the success of the company as a whole. You will both benefit from this culture and become a key part of facilitating this within your team.
About 2G Robotics
2G Robotics’ mission is to design and manufacture the best imaging and 3D measurement equipment for subsea surveys and inspections to ensure safe offshore operation and mitigate environmental damage precipitated by subsea asset failure. The company is dedicated to advanced research, development, and engineering for the production of cutting-edge underwater inspection solutions. The foundation of 2G Robotics is its wealth of engineering expertise in the development of innovative and reliable systems, which has led to the success of its market-leading ULS line of underwater laser scanners. These scanners have been used on all seven continents at extreme depths for a range of underwater inspections, including the high-profile Costa Concordia salvage operation and HMS Erebus exploration.
Our technology consists of internally developed mechanical, electrical and software systems. Our products incorporate systems of distributed processors and software with both real-time and non-real time elements utilizing a variety of high-speed communication protocols through the systems.
Absolutely Must Have:
- C++ (5+ years of experience with solid fundamentals of the language)
- Digital circuit design (2+ years of experience)
- Degree in, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated system architecture design for distributed processing systems
- Interest in leadership and mentorship
Experience in the following would be an asset:
- Distributed computing architecture design
- Libraries including STL, Boost, VTK, PCL, Eigen, Qt
- Web programming and cloud computing
- Image processing and sensor fusion
- High-frequency signal - digital circuit design
- Multi-layer board layout
- Embedded programming
- Project Management
- Experience working in an environment where priorities can shift quickly
- Demonstrated interest and capability in leadership
- A drive to continue to self-improve existing skills and capabilities as well as learn new ones.