Intermediate Front End Developer
Local Line is a software platform that helps local food suppliers to grow and manage their customer base. More details are found on our website.
Local Line sells to a wide variety of local food suppliers including farmers, wholesalers, brewers, vineyards, butchers, bakers, and more! Our customers use Local Line to sell all types of food products to their customers.
The Local Line platform focuses on three core things: (a) Order Management, (b) Customer Management, and (c) Inventory Management. Our platform is composed of three key products with varying feature sets, engineered to fit the specific needs of our customers.
Engineering (Software) – Canada
About the Role
We are searching for an intermediate level front end developer to join our growing engineering team. We are a small 8-person team, but are growing quickly. As a result, you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You will be working on and improving the entire Local Line platform including our LocalSELL, LocalHUB, and LocalMARKET products.
We are a customer-centric team with a work hard play hard philosophy. We’re trying to create a better world through localized, connected food systems. It’s a big problem with big impact- think you’ve got what it takes?
- Manage a moderately-sized codebase in conjunction with a back-end project.
- Maintain a high standard of care for consistent, scalable, and readable code.
- Add comments and documentation for changes you make.
- Coordinate with back-end and design teams to ensure a cohesive, end-to-end product.
- Participate in product meetings to ensure the best user experience is built directly into the product.
- Ensure your code is well-tested and subject to proper QA channels.
- Manage multiple projects, and be ready to jump into action if a bug is discovered.
- Know how to prioritise and understand how your time is best spent to maximise productivity and serve our customers.
- Experience with a frontend framework (like react or angularjs).
- Experience with SASS/SCSS or LESS.
- Experience with deployment frameworks, such as grunt or gulp.
- Experience with RESTful API models.
- Ability to work independently to solve difficult technical problems quickly and efficiently.
- Familiarity with git/gitHub, SVN, or other source control mechanism.
- Familiarity with the material design guidelines is a plus.
- Familiarity with unit testing is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.