Atomic Talent Group Inc. (ATG) partners with the leading VC-backed technology companies from Silicon Valley to launch and scale technical teams in Canada. ATG represents these firms in the market, provides beautiful campuses for the talent, fully loaded benefits and services, and it’s critical that we have a world-class recruiting division to build unparalleled teams. We are the catalyst for the next generation of startups to scale and grow their global footprint and pride ourselves on surpassing expectations for speed and quality.
ATG has partnered with Nexla, a scalable Data Operations platform for managing inter-company data collaboration, securely and in real-time. They are looking for a talented Senior DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer to kick off their team in Kitchener-Waterloo!
About the Role:
Smart, scalable, secure Data Pipelines are the lifeblood of the Nexla product. Come join a team of experienced enterpreneurs and seasoned engineers as Nexla continues to grow quickly and gain traction as an inter-company Data Operations platform. Nexla is looking for a seasoned Data Pipeline Engineer to work alongside their engineering team from the Kitchener-Waterloo ATG office!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- 5+ years of overall software development experience with a minimum of 3 years of core java backend technologies
- A strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and their performance characteristics
- Proficiency in working and developing on Linux
- Experience supporting operations teams with deployments and debugging production issues
- Experience responding to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues and ad-hoc questions
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to create technical specifications, debate technical tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
- Lastly and most importantly, Nexla's cultural values resonate with you
Background and Skills
- 2+ years of experience working with Hadoop/Kafka/Hbase/MapReduce with Java
- Experience in building stream processing systems with Spark, Storm or any other streaming technology
- Experience in building back-end systems for an Internet startup ad technology company
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web services, Google Compute Engine
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We promise a response to every application.
ATG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.