Atomic Talent Group Inc. (ATG) partners with the leading VC-backed technology companies from Silicon Valley to launch and scale technical teams in Canada. We represent these firms in the market, provide beautiful campuses for the talent, fully loaded benefits and services, and it’s critical that we have a world-class recruiting division to build unparalleled teams. We are the catalyst for the next generation of startups to scale and grow their global footprint.
ATG has partnered with MakeSpace, a company providing a technology solution for physical storage. MakeSpace is changing the way people think about their belongings and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. In 2015, Fast Company listed MakeSpace among the top 10 most innovative consumer electronics companies in the world for being “the Dropbox of physical stuff”. MakeSpace is taking on the $27B storage industry with a combined product and engineering team of 10 people.
Where you come in:
- Write, test, document and deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations and unique user experience.
- Create, review and optimize relational database operations in our applications.
- Design, create and deliver new system solutions by collaborating with other teams
- Write code that will perform efficiently and accurately in an asynchronous architecture.
- Design and update RESTful APIs and their documentations.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Operations Team.
- Collaborate with our world-class design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Our stack includes: a Python/Django/MySQL/RabbitMQ/Redis application running on Amazon AWS maintained with Docker/Ansible.
- You either have a bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You’re driven by a desire for deep involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn and strive towards being the best software engineer you can be.
- You aspire to use technology to positively transform the physical world—not get more likes, check-ins, serve more ads or optimize transactions for a big bank.
- You favour the use and contribution to Open Source software.
- With unwavering attention to detail, you appreciate clean, pragmatic, and reusable code.
- You have proven experience building platform applications with Python/Ruby/Java.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone.
What's in it for you?
- Strong compensation package that includes base salary and stock options.
- Flexible schedules. We encourage our employees to work on the schedule that works best for them and allows them to do work on their best hours of the day.
- The opportunity to work in a co-working environment and collaborate with other talented engineers both inside and outside of your team.
- Unlimited vacation with mandatory time off.
- Weekly team catered lunches.
- The chance to join a fun, dynamic culture that encourages rapid professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.