Grow a Mobile Cloud Company With Us!
Are you an experienced Java and/or Cloud Developer?
PrinterOn has a career-enhancing move for you where you can impact those around you as you help shape and grow our expanding software product family.
The successful candidate will be a critical member of a small collaborative development team and be responsible for analysis, design, development, maintenance and testing of software applications for the PrinterOn group of products and services.
A successful candidate will be expected to understand, leverage and adapt print industry standards as well as various conventions and be expected to leverage state of the art Cloud technologies and methodologies and apply these to develop a Modern Global Cloud Print Platform.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in computer science, computer/software engineering, or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in Object Oriented analysis, design, development and integration of software products in a company recognized for software development capability
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on work experience with Java and web technologies
- Excellent knowledge of Spring and Hibernate and other frameworks ability to develop and consume REST APIs, XML, JSON and similar technologies
- Solid skill managing and developing with relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server , Oracle and MySQL as well as SQLLite
- Hands on experience with NoSQL databases including Redis and/or MongoDB.
- Hands on experience with state of the art Cloud technologies and platforms including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and more
- Proven ability to write high quality readable code that is easily supportable and maintainable
- Concurrent programming an asset
- Excellent communication skills – strong enough for customer facing situations
Knowledge of embedded and open architecture printer and MFP software for various printer vendors, including but not limited to Ricoh, Samsung, Brother and HP.
- Experience with designing systems based on internet printing standards including the Internet Printing Protocol and Printer Working Group standards
- Experience and understanding mobile phone printing methods and conventions, including Apple’s AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Android Print Services and Mopria.
- Experience interacting with various mobile platforms including iOS and Android as well as a the impact and application of MDM/MAM within an On-Premise or Cloud implementation
- Experience working with Agile methods and iterative development, such as Kanban, SCRUM, pair programming.
- Experience developing high performance and large scale network servers.
- Experience developing production quality Cloud-based micro-services
- Experience with Docker and other containerization technologies and their use in real-world applications
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket and Maven is an asset
- Strong awareness and adherence to best practices of coding, testing and deployment
- Windows and Linux OS
- Results-driven with strong commitment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Motivated with high desire to learn
- Strong oral and written analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Team player with strong abilities to work independently