We’re NDI – a dynamic team of professionals that have grown this company into a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems. Our roots run deep. For over 30 years we’ve helped our customers solve their most complex measurement and motion tracking applications.
Today, we continue to redefine the possibilities of optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking technologies. Our solutions are trusted in a wide range of applications, from image-guided surgery and neuroscience research to medical simulation and interventional radiology. We’ve built our reputation on providing unparalleled measurement accuracy, precision, and reliability. That very reputation—and our commitment to customer success—is why NDI is the technology of choice among the world’s foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry, and academia.
Our home base is located in Waterloo, Ontario, but our team members live and work all over the world. Interested in becoming a valued member of the NDI team? We’re growing and are looking for great people to join us.
The Systems & Integration Specialist will be part of an energetic professional team involved in translating market needs, customer problems and technical challenges into working solutions for a broad range of customers and partners.
As part of the Systems & Integration Team, the successful candidate will be working directly with Product Management and business partners to investigate and define system requirements for the next generation product lines. This multi-disciplinary team is responsible for creating design requirements, product specifications, technical assessments and interaction assessments for existing and future products. The team is also responsible for the successful deployment and integration of technologies into customer applications.
This role is for results oriented individual with proven ability to understand complex software problems, work collaboratively with customer engineering teams (hardware and software), and effectively communicate business requirements, objectives, and solutions. By decomposing complex problems, listening to customers and applying sound engineering judgment, this new team member will play an important role in setting the future product direction(s) for the Division and helping customers properly integrate NDI products.
What you are responsible for:
- Gain an intimate knowledge of current product capabilities, performance specifications, best practices, and limitations in order to fully understand the correct application of NDI technology.
- Understand target market trends and future technology demands in the context of NDI’s current core value proposition.
- Work with Product Management on future roadmap initiatives including architecture, product fit, interoperability, and optimal system/platform configuration.
- Support creation of technical requirements for future product developments, existing product enhancements, and customer integration projects.
- Support application engineering activities involved in the evaluation and ultimate sale of optical or electromagnetic tracking solutions and related calibration equipment.
- Support advanced customer integration projects with OEM partners and ODM suppliers.
- Work within a cross functional team to further harmonize and accelerate software development initiatives across product families.
- Occasionally modify/tailor existing software applications to demonstrate solution concepts, or create test software applications to enable hardware performance testing.
- Occasionally develop CRM or business analytics reporting applications to streamline sales processes.
What you bring to NDI:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent.
- Three plus years’ related experience in systems design, requirements management, and application development within a high tech company and for a sophisticated customer base.
- Ability to understand, simplify, and articulate end customer or market needs to internal NDI teams (Sales, Product Management, UI/UX, and Software Design Engineering), and participate in a cross functional team that develops elegant software solutions.
- Application software development experience with Java , C++, C#, or Python a strong asset.
- Experience working within an Agile framework an asset.
- Experience architecting complex technical solutions for treatment clinics, research organizations, or production test automation an asset.
Being a Part of our Team:
When you walk through our doors, you will find an open-concept office that promotes collaborative teamwork and fresh ideas. Internally, our employees enjoy a small, stable tech company atmosphere while externally we work closely with some of the biggest, most progressive tech companies in the world. We enjoy tackling new challenges and developing new pathways to better serve our customers. We are looking for innovative, hard-working individuals who don’t see this as just a job, but as a career choice. If this interests you, our HR team would love to hear from you. Follow the instructions below to submit your application.