Data Scientist/Business Analyst
Smile.io is looking for a Data Scientist/Business Analyst to become a critical contributor to our product development, thought-leadership, and client success efforts. You will be responsible for informing and advising decisions that impact thousands of businesses, and millions of customers on a daily basis!
Here's what a Data Scientist/Business Analyst at Smile.io is responsible for:
- Determining important customer actions and aggregate customer data to track, and how to best manage it
- Uncovering opportunities for improvement or development of features in our product
- Using our large dataset of rewards program & customer behavior data to generate industry-leading reports and research publications
- Developing models to gauge the health of our merchants' individual rewards programs
- Working with our Client Success Team in support of our largest clients to recommend new rewards program techniques and structure, as well as advising on ongoing improvements for their programs
You have some experience:
- Determining what data to gather to inform problem definition, problem solving, and opportunity discovery
- Approaching open-ended situation sets of requirements and coming up with a plan of action
- Working with large data sets, and choosing the best tools to do so
- Building models to simulate, predict, and evaluate simple & complex systems at scale
- Exploring and segmenting customer behaviour data to uncover problems and opportunities (nice-to-have)
We only hire smart, self-starters who can think of efficient and unique solutions to problems, while also seeing them through to completing. You’ll be working with the best people in the industry and you'll constantly be pushed to improve your skills.
We’ve grown over 100% year-over-year for the past 3 years. If you perform well, then your potential to take charge of a significant portion of our business is very high.
We never miss an opportunity to have fun - and there’s always a fun & interesting social event on the horizon. We also have local craft beer on tap!
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
We offer competitive pay & health benefits, while also providing you with top-of-the-line computer to make sure you’re doing the best work you’re capable of. We also have a monthly eCommerce credit as well as a transportation credit.
Please Note: We thank all applicants for your interest in Smile.io. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Smile.io is an equal opportunity employer. Smile.io welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.