Hosting Systems Administrator
Talemetry is a cloud software solution (SAAS) that provides recruiters with all the tools they need to find, attract & engage top talent. Talemetry integrates with industry leading Applicant Tracking System’s to deliver a complete talent acquisition solution to support today’s recruiting challenges.
We are looking for a Hosting Systems Administrator who will take on the responsibility of the ongoing monitoring, maintenenace and adminitration of our hosted production environments. You will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our production servers as well as working closely with our development and services organizations to resolve any technical issues.
- Install, administer, and troubleshoot Linux based systems in cloud environments.
- Provide emergency response for urgent site issues.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure the successful operation of the Talemetry hosted environment.
- Perform monitoring of all Talemetry hosted applications, network and other related devices that support our hosted environment.
- Ensure strong security is in place at all times, including the installation of Linux and Microsoft security patches, the correct configurations of web servers and application servers and ensure security is inherent in all builds from the ground up.
- Complete security audits on a regular basis.
- Perform software installations, upgrades and migrations as required.
- Manage all network backups, restores, file replication and script management.
- Stage, test, and deploy all production servers using our devops / hosting operations tools.
- Develop, script, program, and maintain the current devops / hosting ops tools to support the hosting operations.
- Ensure that all tickets are properly documented, prioritized and completed according to our Service Level Agreements with our customers.
- Acquire and maintain strong understanding of all Talemetry products and how we can best leverage the hosting architecture to enhance stability and performance.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of internal information systems; help evolve system features, functionality and usability to support company requirements.
- Expert knowledge of Linux server systems especially Ubuntu, and good familiarity with Windows servers.
- Solid experience in AWS technology and cloud technologies.
- Good experience administrating MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Strong knowledge and experience in administration, support and troubleshooting Load balancers, DNS servers and intimate knowledge of the SMTP protocol and email RFC.
- Strong knowledge of network topologies, network protocols, Internet technologies.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts, high traffic/high availability networking concepts like load balancing, clustering.
- Strong OS and application scripting skills in any or all of the following: shell, Ruby, Perl, Python are required. Git experience is a bonus.
- Experience monitoring web and database server performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and deal with multiple concurrent tasks.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Education: Red Hat Certification Engineer or AWS Certified or Bachelor’s degree in a related field would be an asset.
- Experience: At least 4-5 years of experience in a directly related position providing the function as outlined in the job description.
- Certificate in system administration or a degree in a computer science or related field an asset.