Technical Team Lead, Data Hosting & NOC
TextNow is looking for a Technical Team Lead of Data Hosting & NOC, to join our development team in Waterloo, Ontario.
As Technical Team Lead of Data Hosting & NOC, you will manage a team of engineers who are responsible for building, monitoring and scaling the critical infrastructure that runs our business.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
- Responsible for ensuring our infrastructure runs 24x7x365
- Manage outages, and own our RCA process
- Work together with the back end engineers, ensuring the architecture is designed to scale cost effectively
- Create and monitor performance metrics to determine the effectiveness of operations
- Work with cloud and hosting companies to ensure they can provide the reliable, cost effective infrastructure that we need to scale
- Work in an agile environment, continuously evaluating and adapting to be more effective
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building and running a NOC that provides services to millions of customers per day
- Experience setting up monitoring software such as TICK and ELK stacks
- Experience managing cloud, hosted, and on prem infrastructure
- Experience with virtualization and containerization such as Docker and VMWare
- Experience with databases such as MariaDB, MySQL, Postgres, InfluxDB
- Experience with auto scaling servers and services
- Experience architecting and planning future infrastructure needs
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Professional development
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at firstname.lastname@example.org