Product Designer (UX) - TD Lab Incubator
Have you ever wondered how one of North America’s most successful companies develops some of their most innovative ideas? If so, you should consider joining our fast-paced and passionate engineering team at TD Lab. We ideate, build, and validate solutions that shape the future of digital banking. The TD Lab Incubator is a lean and highly collaborative work environment where our progressive team is changing TD Bank one sprint at a time. Make your mark by leading in this design role with a team that operates like a well-funded start-up all while helping teams at the bank lead the way across our many, diverse business lines in fintech!
As a product (UX) designer in a role like no other, you will be involved in every aspect of the concept development process - including documenting ideas, prototyping solutions, designing flows and validating them with customers. You will conduct foundational research to understand the problem to be solved. And with the team, you will aspire to learn everything we can about user behaviours, attitudes, goals and emotions. You will utilize your skills in product design, interaction design and visual design to explore the future of banking and how it might impact millions of customers. And, all within our well-resourced Lab located in the open and collaborative workspace in the Waterloo
Region’s Communitech Hub alongside other leaders of corporate innovation , Velocity Garage , and a host of start-ups.
What we’re looking for:
● Portfolio that highlights your project work.
● Min 2 years of product design experience (ie. interaction, UX, visual design).
● Min 2 years of conducting user research and user testing.
● Platform pattern knowledge (ie. across web, mobile, hybrid).
● Ability to create high-fidelity mockups using tools such as Sketch, Figma.
● Experience with Design Thinking through Design Sprints.
● Effective communication and presentation skills.
● Critical thinking and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously.
The responsibilities include:
● Being an owner that achieves results through end-to-end project accountability, stakeholder collaboration.
● Build innovative concepts and experiences for many types of customers.
● Explore the use of emerging design frameworks with prototype development.
● Lead Design Sprints to market-test how a prototype should look and function.
● Mentor design interns by teaching best practices, perform design critiques, etc.
● Conduct user research to help understand problems we’re trying to solve.
● Develop storyboards, mockups, prototypes to communicate design ideas.
● Shaping sprint demos and pitch concepts to senior technical executives.
● Sharing insights from projects with other teams just as eager to learn.
● Help continuously evolve and improve the TD Lab design process.
The research methods to have experience with as a bonus include:
● Jobs-to-Be-Done framework.
● Survey research (e.g. question phrasing, survey coding).
● Usability testing (e.g. lab studies, RITE studies).
● Benchmarking (e.g. evaluate competitors using qualitative, quantitative data).
● Monthly team events (e.g Bowling, Archery Tag, Axe Throwing, Escape Rooms)
● Latest MacBook, mobile devices (i.e. and whatever consumers use everyday)
As a TD Lab Product (UX) Designer, you really have a passion for the concept development process. You drive several projects at any given time and are exposed to the latest in modern digital technology. You have the opportunity to act like an entrepreneur, bringing impactful ideas to life while taking on challenging design tasks that ultimately best serve the best TD customer experience.
If you are a self-starter, want to be an influencer of change, and are looking for a challenge - this job is for you!