TextNow is looking for a Technical Team Lead of Client Services, to join our development team in Waterloo, Ontario. As Technical Team Lead you will manage a team of engineers who are responsible for building scalable APIs to serve our over 2 Million daily active users.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
- Develop RESTful APIs using Ruby, PHP and related web frameworks
- Work together with our teams to design, scale, and optimize our SOA backend
- Manage a team of engineers who are responsible for building scalable APIs to serve our over 2 Million DAU’s
- Work together our operations and other backend teams, ensuring the architecture is designed to scale cost effectively
- Work in an agile environment, continuously evaluating and adapting to be more effective
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- You have experience developing high-performance scalable micro services and architectures
- You have experience designing scalable, easy to use APIs
- Strong fundamentals - You are competent in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Not afraid to pull out your ninja SQL skills to get the answers you need
- You have experience managing people
Bonus points if:
- You know our stack: we build our services in Ruby and PHP, supported by MariaDB, Nginx & Redis
- You have knowledge of SMS, MMS, and VoIP technologies
- You have experience with auto scaling servers and services
- You have experience architecting and planning future infrastructure needs
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Professional development
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at firstname.lastname@example.org