Technical Team, Lead Fraud & Security
TextNow is looking for a Technical Team Lead of Fraud and Security, to join our development team in Waterloo, Ontario.
As Technical Team Lead of Fraud and Security, you will lead a team responsible for ensuring our service is not taken advantage of and that it has best in class security.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
- Lead a team of hyper-talented fraud and security engineers
- Provide technical leadership to all things Fraud, Abuse, Spam and Security
- Analyze, monitor, and prevent service abuse by setting up various fraud and security alert systems or tools
- Lead by example and nurture talent in his/her team
- Seek innovative ways to reduce fraud, limiting the impact to the business
- Lead by example with domain expertise, intrinsic motivation and character
- Mentor development teams to ensure security and fraud is built into the architecture/design
- 5+ years leading development teams with increasing responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of client-server security models and best practices
- Experience detecting and eliminating Spam and other fraudulent behaviors
- Experience as an ethical hacker
- Experience reverse engineering attack venues
- Development experience for helping with fraud prevention and security rules (Ruby, PHP)
- Well rounded leader, who has a proven track record building amazing product experiences while scaling talented teams.
- Experience with core security technologies such as security and information event monitoring systems (SIEM), firewalls, network and host intrusion prevention and detection systems, proxies, vulnerability scanners, and anti-virus solutions
- Experience mitigating DDoS attacks
- Experience as a SOC analyst, or incident responder
- Experience performing Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration tests within a large complex environment
- Experience with threat hunting methodologies and intrusion detection tools
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Professional development
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at firstname.lastname@example.org