You’re a data enthusiast backed by serious technical chops and the idea of developing predictive analytics excites you. Well, TextNow is searching for an ambitious Data Scientist to join the San Francisco Data Science team. A successful candidate will use his or her expertise in data processing, predictive modeling, experiment designs and optimization to develop data-driven strategy and influence decision-making in a cross-functional environment.
The Data Scientist contributes to the team’s quarterly objectives by defining and building the best product for our users. At TextNow, we are highly data driven in how we establish the product direction and in optimizing core features. The Data Science team here at TextNow utilizes quantitative metrics to accurately predict how users interact with our features like determining who is more likely to send more texts or which users are likely to conduct long calls. You will use data to determine which features are likely to move the needle and drive growth, not to mention we are the ones who define the needle. We’re looking for someone to contribute to these Data Science efforts at TextNow.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive, highly motivated, and skilled individual to contribute to a cutting-edge technology stack in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
- Research, design, implement and validate models and cutting edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data
- Support advanced analytical and data mining efforts which could include but not limited to clustering, segmentation, regression, decision trees, neural networks, time-series analysis, sentiment analysis, topic modeling and Bayesian analysis
- Analyze user behavior and generate product insights
- Locate new data sources, develop and optimize data pipelines
- Develop reports and dashboard using SQL and data visualization tools
- Design and analyze A/B tests
- Develop probability models and predictive analysis
- Identify new questions that need answers, and provide those answers using tools and frameworks that you and your teammates have created
- Collaborate with other areas of the business on long-term projects
- 3+ years of quantitative experience in a role with emphasis on analytics or data science required
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, etc.) with strong experience in data & business analysis
- Strong applied statistics and modeling skills
- Experience with Python / R
- Track record of leveraging data-drive models to drive business decisions
- Expert level usage of SQL and Excel
- Experience with data visualization in a professional capacity
- Thorough knowledge of statistics and demonstrated experience applying Data Science methodologies to real world problems
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to effectively distill and confidently communicate insights to senior management
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
- Experience working with - Redshift, MySQL, S3, Tableau, HighCharts/PHP, AWS
- Experience working in a face paced startup environment
- Experience working with multi-terabyte databases
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered lunch
- Professional development