Technical Team Lead - Client RTC Messaging
TextNow is looking for a Technical Team Lead of Client RTC (Real Time Communications) Messaging, to join our development team in Waterloo, Ontario.
As Technical Team Lead of RTC Messaging, you will lead development for our messaging platform which provides millions of users with real-time messaging and wireless communications services every day.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
- Lead a team of hyper-talented client and full stack developers.
- Provide technical leadership to our messaging framework and design.
- Provide leadership on client side implementation and architecture within our messaging applications, including code design and rollout strategies.
- Bring expansive technical knowledge and experience with MVP application design
- Have experienced with high volume messaging platforms in a similar role.
- Lead by example and nurture talent in his/her team
- Seek innovative ways to unleash new messaging experiences
- Lead by example with domain expertise, intrinsic motivation and character
- 5+ years leading development teams with increasing responsibility.
- Expertise in client-server communication technologies including but not limited to: Push notifications (GCM, Firebase, APNS), TCP Sockets, Web sockets
- Experience with feature A/B testing and experimentation
- Experience in consumer markets, especially fast growth / high volume.
- Well rounded leaders, who have a proven track record building amazing product experiences while scaling talented teams.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast & lunch
- Professional development
- Onsite personal trainer, massage therapist, and Yoga instructor!