Software Engineer - FrontEnd
extNow is looking for an inspired, motivated Front-End Developer to join our Growth team and help us in our mission of building a product that disrupts the wireless industry. You’re a natural problem solver with serious technical chops. It’s second nature to understand the business realities and translate them into technical specs. At TextNow our front-end team ensures our client side is a scalable and an exceptional experience. You will lead the technical vision and roadmap by engaging with other developers to improve the architecture.
The San Francisco-based Growth Team is focused on scaling and engaging TextNow’s user base. The Growth team is extremely data driven and results oriented. We are seeking talented individuals that operate at the intersection of product, engineering, analytics, and marketing. We are aggressively scaling and want driven individuals that are motivated by growing products and are passionate about our mission.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage frameworks such as BackBone, Angular and React to achieve business and technical goals
- Write high-quality code that promotes reuse, readability, and current best practices
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Product, UX/Design, Backend Developers and QA. Offer input on technical design, UI and product features.
- Build and architect the front-end logic for an intuitive, user-friendly platform
- Develop a Mobile friendly e-commerce store & drive sales
- Work on Growth features of User Acquisition, New User Experience and Analytics with continuos A/B Testing
- Take projects through the entire development process, all the way from initial scoping to delivering and monitoring performance in production
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in front-end software development
- Experience with frameworks such as React, Backbone and Angular
- Able to communicate technical principles to both engineers as well as non-technical individuals
- Strong track record delivering high quality, complex software in a timely fashion with a real understanding of sound engineering practices.
- Experience with server side technologies such as Ruby on Rails and Symfony and build automation tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with testing tools such as Mocha, Jasmine, Karma and related technologies
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered lunch
- Professional development
- Fitness membership