Senior Web Developer
TextNow is looking for an inspired, motivated Senior Web Developer to join our team and help us in our mission of building a product that disrupts the wireless industry. You’re a natural problem solver with serious technical chops. It’s second nature to understand the business realities and translate them into technical specs. At TextNow our front-end team ensures our client side is a scalable and exceptional experience. You will lead the technical vision and roadmap by participating with other developers to improve architecturally.
The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
What you'll do
- Leverage frameworks such as BackBone, Angular and React to achieve business and technical goals
- Write high-quality code that promotes reuse, readability, and current best practices
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Product, UX/Design, Backend Developers and QA. Offer input on technical design, UI and product features.
- Build and architect the front-end logic for an intuitive, user-friendly platform
- Take projects through the entire development process, all the way from initial scoping to delivering and monitoring performance in production
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in front-end software development
- Experience with frameworks such as React, Backbone and Angular
- Able to communicate technical principles to both engineers as well as non-technical individuals
- Strong track record delivering high quality, complex software in a timely fashion with a real understanding of sound engineering practices.
- Bonus: Experience with server side technologies such as Ruby on Rails and Symfony and build automation tools such as Jenkins
Experience with testing tools such as Mocha, Jasmine, Karma and related technologies
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast and lunch
- Professional development
- Fitness center on site
- Ongoing Wellness: Yoga, onsite massage, meditation, nutrition
- Multiple social events (milestones celebrations, escape rooms, rock climbing)
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at firstname.lastname@example.org