Software Engineer - Backend
The telecom industry has far too long been dominated by the big, the bureaucratic and the unimaginative. Now is the time for someone to take this industry on with something better.
We are changing the industry by providing what others cannot - a better user experience, better customer service, continual innovation, and most importantly – transparent pricing.
Join us to make a BIG impact as part of the disrupting force that's changing telecommunications forever.
- Develop RESTful APIs using Ruby, PHP and related web frameworks
- Work together with our infrastructure team to design, scale, and optimize our SOA backend
- Deploy your features to millions of users – your work will have an immediate impact
- Work in an agile environment, continuously evaluating and adapting to be more effective
- Take full ownership of projects from design to deployment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong fundamentals - You are competent in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Not afraid to pull out your ninja SQL skills to get the answers you need
- Have a favourite programming language that you’re a master in - but you know when it’s not the right tool for the job
- Experience with Git and unit testing
- Bonus points if:
- You have experience developing high-performance scalable web services and architectures
- You know our stack: we build our services in Ruby and PHP, supported by MariaDB, Nginx & Redis
- You have knowledge of SMS, MMS, and VoIP technologies
- Impactful work
- TextNow-powered smartphone
- Competitive total compensation package
- Catered breakfast and lunch
- Professional development
- Fitness center on site, games room
- Multiple social events (milestones celebrations, escape rooms, rock climbing)
TextNow is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and creating a barrier-free environment. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws. Please let us know if you have an accessibility need at email@example.com