Business Development Representative / Account Manager
We’re looking for passionate individuals to help us revolutionize how students and teachers across Canada bring their ideas to life!
Are you highly motivated, self driven and ambitious? We’re looking to bring on business development representatives that are natural relationship builders, intuitively understand sales and can evolve into future team leaders. With a solid base salary and killer commissions both upfront and trailing, we’re looking for leaders that can crush their sales goals to keep driving our exponential growth.
InkSmith delivers turnkey education solutions for bringing 3D printing, code and robotics to the K-12 classroom. With premium hardware, curriculum integrations to ensure customer success, upcoming government pilots and a rapidly growing customer base, our team is positioned to dominate the Canadian education market.
Technology is moving fast! Inevitably, robotics, code and automation are going to find their place in every industry. Without training, knowledge and experience, future generations are going to get left behind. And that’s where we come in!
The InkSmith team wants to help K-12 students and teachers utilize 3D printing to learn the fundamentals of design thinking, 3D modelling, code, robotics and automation with the goal of not just engaging them with technology but, enabling them to thrive with it and through it. We’re going to empower generations to create anything they can imagine!
Together, we will inspire our children to become the problem solvers of the future and leaders in the additive manufacturing revolution.
Our Goals are Simple
1. Ensure that every school, library, makerspace and college/university in Canada have access to 3D printing technologies and educational programming.
2. Building on that foundation, scale K-12 robotics teaching to a one to one level (1 programmable robot for every student).
3. Position InkSmith to lead the charge in the future consumer market for desktop 3D printers.
Smile and Dial - hop on the horn and call prospective school boards, library systems and college/university departments. It’s not always comfortable but, you’ll need the gift of gab and the charm to match if you’re going to excel at outbound sales.
Account Management - you’ll be helping to convert inbound leads into sales and building ongoing relationships with your customers.
Customer Success - maintaining relationships with your accounts and working with our marketing team to highlight their successes.
Presentation Skills - with training, you’ll be expected to perform product demonstrations to groups of varying size and seniority - schools, libraries, colleges/university departments and school boards. You need to be able to pitch to an audience, handle objections and dynamically adapt your presentation based on your read of the room.
Manage Sales Targets - our quotas are simple and achievable but, we’re looking for more. We want to work with you to set realistic but, ambitious sales targets that put you on a rocketship towards your own personal financial goals.
Who Are You?
- Degree in Business, Marketing or otherwise
- 1-3+ years experience working of B2B experience in business development and/or sales role (open to junior, intermediate and seasoned sales warriors)
- Track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets
- Past Cold Calling experience or the ability to learn
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Experience in EdTech or the Education Market in general is preferred but, a nice to have.
- $36K-$60K Base Salary
- Competitive upfront and trailing commissions
- Options Plan
InkSmith’s new team member(s) will need to be just as passionate and hardworking as we are! Dedicated, confident, personable, highly motivated, professional, honest, positive and inspiring are all qualities we are looking for in our newest sales role(s). Being able to communicate one-on-one, to large audiences, over the phone or through email using your charming personality will help ‘seal the deal’.
InkSmith is an extremely fast-paced business environment. ‘Fit’ is extremely important to us. We need a sales leader/team player whose organizational skills will only be outdone by your hunger to exceed sales targets.
If you’ve got what it takes, submit your application to Sales@inksmith.ca
We’re hiring for up to 2 BDR positions with a start date of August 14th.
InkSmith is an equal opportunity employer.