Senior Software Developer – Multimedia Algorithms
SSIMWAVE™ is defining the future of video delivery by beginning with the end-viewer in mind. SSIMWAVE™ provides the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. By modeling and measuring viewer experience at every stage of the digital video distribution system, broadcasters, streamers, and content creators can deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen. A company at the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™ (VI™), SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm and the most cited work in academia (36,488 citations).
Our customers include various major players in the media and entertainment industry and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control, and optimize live and file-based video.
You want to work for a start-up company that thinks big and dreams even bigger. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You possess a positive attitude, diligence and a passion for innovation. You are motivated to make an impact at your workplace and you thrive on tackling challenging and rewarding problems.
- Work on efficient implementation of our state-of-the-art multimedia processing algorithms
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with an opportunity to lead a team of software developers and contribute to product design
- Have the opportunity to enjoy the sense of knowing that every single thing you do makes a difference globally
- 10+ years of software development experience in C/C++ as well as object-oriented design and implementation
- Extensive experience in standard software development methodologies
- Highly experienced in multi-threaded and asynchronous environments
- Involvement with web development life cycle including interaction with wireframe designers, backend developers, and database developers
- Be passionate about developing high quality, robust software
- Experience in real-time data processing and visualization for the web
- Exposure to video processing algorithms and libraries such as FFmpeg and LAV
- Familiar with Directshow filters and Qt framework
- Involvement of database development such as stored procedures, functions
- Open community participation such as StackExchange, GitHub