NCR Corporation is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 550 million transactions daily across the financial, retail, hospitality, travel, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with over 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: SCRUM Master
Location: Waterloo, ON
Our Waterloo team is looking for a passionate and experienced SCRUM Master to empower our developers working on new and awesome technologies.
The candidate must have experience as a Scrum Master and will have the following responsibilities:
• Ownership of the Scrum process and ensuring that it is adhered to.
• Scheduling and facilitating of all scrum ceremonies.
• Protecting the Team and keeping team execution and delivery focused on the committed sprint work.
• Removing impediments in a timely manner and detecting hidden problems.
• Monitoring the team velocity and software quality.
• Assisting the Product Owner with backlog maintenance and grooming.
• Encouraging self-organization and empowerment of the Team
• Enacting change & continuous improvement to increase the productivity and efficiency of the team and quality of deliverables.
• Supporting Team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a Feedback culture
• Assisting the Program Manager in planning, change management and risk management.
• Working with other Scrum Masters via a Scrum of Scrums to increase the effectiveness of scrum across the organization
• Use social media and blogs to keep abreast of emerging tools and techniques within the Scrum/Agile domain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the software field
- Scrum Master experience, certification a plus (CSM)
- Experience with Scaled Agile/SAFe an asset
- Experience with Jira or other tools utilized in an agile development environment.
- Good skills and knowledge of openness, servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
A minimum of 1 year of experience in preferred skill sets:
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for a commercial software development team that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, theory and Scrum Values.
- Reviewing existing Scrum methodologies to find additional improvements which results in a better velocity for the team.
- Producing Operational Reports for the team which outlines the current burn down, overall bug leakage rates/fix rates, and velocity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Energetic and creative.
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma Le
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes