Have you noticed how vehicles are changing? It’s an exciting time to be in the electrification business: there are loads of opportunities to shape the future!
Sevcon Inc. is recognized for their expertise in motor controllers for electric and hybrid vehicles. The move to electrification in a broad range of vehicle industries has created tremendous demand for this expertise. We’re rolling out a new generation of products which are leading the industry and are looking for top talent to help bring these innovative products to life.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Firmware Engineer to join our growing Waterloo team. In this challenging role, you’ll develop high integrity firmware for vehicle drive motors from design through to test. You’ll play an integral role in establishing timelines for the project and strategies to meet them. You’ll collaborate with your team and members of other teams within the group to assist in setting specifications. Your “get it done” attitude coupled with a drive to understand customer needs will contribute highly to your success in this role.
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineer, computer science or related field.
- 4+ years experience with embedded, real-time systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in C
- Passion for vehicles, electrification, motor controls and/or great firmware is a must!
- Able to travel occasionally
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Experience with Parasoft, SVN, Cradle or Enterprise Architect
- Familiarity with functional safety, particularly ISO26262
If this sounds like you, hit the apply button below; we’d love to hear from you!