Have you noticed how vehicles are changing? It’s an exciting time to be in the electrification business: there are loads of opportunities to shape the future!
Sevcon Inc. is recognized for their expertise in motor controllers for electric and hybrid vehicles. The move to electrification in a broad range of vehicle industries has created tremendous demand for this expertise. We’re rolling out a new generation of products which are leading the industry and are looking for top talent to help bring these innovative products to life.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Lead to join our growing team. In this critical role, you will lead a team 8 talented individuals to deliver a motor controller that will become part of a vehicle for the future. You’ll be responsible for generating a plan, monitoring the teams’ progress against the plan, identifying risks and developing mitigating strategies to deal with those risks.
You will meet regularly with other engineering teams within the company to collaborate on issues relating to the product and to report on the overall progress of the team. You’ll use your “get it done” character to drive the team to meet firm but fair deadlines.
- Degree in engineering or related field.
- A proven track record of leading and delivering related projects
- A solid understanding of motor control, firmware, hardware
- A demonstrated ability to lead, coach, mentor and inspire
- Able to travel occasionally
- Passion for vehicles, electrification, motor controls, and/or great firmware is a must!
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring staff
- Experience with Parasoft, SVN, Cradle or Enterprise Architect
- Familiarity with functional safety, particularly ISO26262
If this sounds like you, hit the apply button; we’d love to hear from you!