Have you noticed how vehicles are changing? It’s an exciting time to be in the electrification business: there are loads of opportunities to shape the future!
Sevcon Inc. is recognized for their expertise in motor controllers for electric and hybrid vehicles. The move to electrification in a broad range of vehicle industries has created tremendous demand for this expertise. We’re rolling out a new generation of products which are leading the industry and are looking for top talent to help bring these innovative products to life.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Hardware Engineer to join our growing Waterloo team. In this challenging role, you’ll develop high power MOSFET based, 3-phase inverters (<100V, >500A) with driver circuits and protections. You will also develop high-speed DSP hardware and user interface, I/O.
You’ll take full ownership over the quality of your work, overseeing implementation and testing while ensuring that the hardware does what’s advertised. Your “get it done” attitude coupled with a drive to understand customer needs will contribute highly to your success in this role.
- Degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- 4+ years experience with electronics power hardware
- Demonstrated proficiency in bringing hardware to completion
- Very comfortable with scope and test equipment
- An appreciation of what it takes to measure high-speed, high-current switching
- An appreciation for regulatory requirements
- Great ideas to innovate and create coupled with an ego that recognizes when it’s best to reuse what exists
- Passion for vehicles, electrification, motor controls and/or great hardware is a must!
- Able to travel occasionally
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Experience with Mentor Expedition, Solidworks, LTspice
- Experience with EMC standards and design
- Experience with vehicle or industrial hardware
If this sounds like you, hit the apply button; we’d love to hear from you!