Have you noticed how vehicles are changing? It’s an exciting time to be in the electrification business: there are loads of opportunities to shape the future!
Sevcon Inc. is recognized for their expertise in motor controllers for electric and hybrid vehicles. The move to electrification in a broad range of vehicle industries has created tremendous demand for this expertise. We’re rolling out a new generation of products which are leading the industry and are looking for top talent to help bring these innovative products to life.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Designer to join our growing Waterloo team. From design all the way through to manufacturing, you’ll take full ownership of the packaging for a motor controller. You’ll perform the gambit from thermal analysis to risk analysis to building rapid prototypes to performing and overseeing testing; it’s all up to you. Your “get it done” attitude coupled with a drive to understand customer needs will contribute highly to your success in this role.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or related field. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in packaging electronics
- Demonstrated experience designing products for manufacturing and cost
- Proven ability to design IP65, IP67, IP69k
- Solidworks experience
- Ability to perform various analysis such as thermal transfer analysis
- Great ideas to innovate and create coupled with an ego that recognizes when it’s best to reuse what exists
- Passion for vehicles, electrification, motor controls and/or great mechanical design is a must!
- Creativity and a keenness to learn
- Able to travel occasionally
Bonus points for:
- Demonstrated ability to do PCB layout
- Experience in vehicle packaging
If this sounds like you, hit the apply button; we’d love to hear from you!