CARPROOF is excited to add the role of Product Manager to our growing team in Kitchener. This role will be instrumental to the Product Management team byproviding leadership and focus in defining, launching and managing CARPROOF products.
Responsibilities include end-to-end, business-oriented product management that focuses on the core pillars of research, build, commercialize and enhance.
Ultimately, the Product Manager is responsible for delivering scalable products that meet CARPROOF’s financial and strategic targets.
Specific activities include: Customer and market research, competitive assessments, business case creation and product requirements. The Product Manager will collaborate with various stakeholders across the organization, most frequently with Development on product build and Marketing/Sales on product commercialization, product enhancements and management.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, fast learner who is ready to step into a dynamic, cross-functional and important role with high visibility.
- Own, contribute to, and drive product strategy and execution across customer verticals
- Perform in-depth customer and market research to identify industry opportunities and solutions
- Drive strategy by prioritizing inputs (ideation, incidents) and developing compelling business plans to pursue
- Manage the technical viability of portfolio as it relates to incident severity classification, prioritization and ensuring timely resolution of same
- Champion the product through presentations and demonstrations with various audiences
- Manage product introductions and upgrades that include scope, timelines, milestones and the prioritization of features and enhancements
- Work with the Development team in building the 'right' product, researching and prioritizing feature requests to ensure product success
- Work with the Sales/Marketing teams to plan and execute a best-in-class commercialization plan to ensure successful product launches
Education, skills and experience required
- Three + years of product management experience developing and launching digital products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Experience working at a dealership or launching products into the automotive sector is an asset
- Prior experience working in an Agile software development environment is ideal
- Strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably present results to senior and executive management as required
- Ability to make sound decisions within their portfolio and on a broader level that ensure continuity of product across all verticals
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Pragmatic marketing experience or certification an asset
- Strong ability to work in a cross-functional capacity with all departments within the company
- Willingness to go into the field and gather requirements from our dealers