Senior Project Manager
ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
This role will be responsible for managing the budget, resources, materials and timelines of information technology projects involving multiple systems, business units and stakeholders, through all stages of the project’s life cycle including, initiation, planning, control, execution, implementation and closure.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and project management. You must be a self-starter and be able to work autonomously and take initiative.
You are great at:
- Developing overall project management strategy and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans
- Monitoring day-to-day activities of the project team and ensuring work is progressing as planned.
- Managing schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Working across several projects and promotes project management methodology and project processes
- Effectively and efficiently planning and prioritizing all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
- Actively monitoring project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently managing stakeholder’s expectations, ensuring delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Communicating and documenting project status and strategic recommendations to stakeholders, team members and Steering Committee on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Driving PMO maturity and process improvement to enable business growth and improved business growth and improved execution, by obtaining feedback from project customers through surveys, one-on-one meetings and lessons learned after each project resulting in the creation and implementation of action plans to implement the customer(s) suggestions.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5-7 years of experience in interactive project management
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams
- Deep understanding and awareness of product development and experience tying product goals to business goals
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically dispersed delivery teams
- Competencies in MS Office, MS Project, bug tracking, wiki and other related project management and common communications tools is required
- Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP, Prince2) or certificate in Project Management highly desired.
- Experience with infrastructure, application and information security projects desired.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com