Chief Information Officer
- Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance
- Cambridge, ON
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will be a strategic leader responsible for directing, planning, and managing Information Systems and Technology, ensuring procedures, equipment and software support, an optimal production environment, infrastructure design, data storage, security and communication requirements across the organization. The CIO will be instrumental in improving our software platform and digital experience to accomplish our strategic goal of superior customer experience.
Ayr Farmers Mutual is proud of the company culture they offer their employees as well as the core company values that are the backbone of the organization’s continued success.
Chief Information Officer Responsibilities:
• Manage, lead and develop the information systems and technology team
• Develop strategic plans identifying Information Systems and Technology applications to support business plans
• Direct the design, development and maintenance of systems, programs and software to streamline operations and meet the needs of the organization
• Budget and approve purchases of technology equipment and software
• Develop partnerships with suppliers
• Monitor changes and advancements in technology that can provide Ayr Farmers Mutual with a competitive advantage
• Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and recommend specific actions
Chief Information Officer Requirements:
• A degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field
• 5 plus years of experience leading a team either as a Director or Manager
• 10 plus years of experience working for an Insurance company
• Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology subjects and extensive knowledge of hardware and software with the ability to keep abreast of new technologies
• Preference will be given to someone with insurance software experience
• Infrastructure design and architecture experience would be an asset
• Strong project management experience including a software system implementation or conversion
• Experience developing a strategy and making system and infrastructure decisions
• A proven track record of strong leadership is required
• Superior decision making and analytical abilities
• Broad experience being accountable for computer networks, equipment & software
If this exciting opportunity to join a great organization that has seen consistent growth year over year is of interest to you please contact Peter Lister at Elby Professional Recruitment email@example.com
519-279-1853 for further information and consideration.
About Ayr Farmers Mutual:
Our company was established in 1893 out of a desire to provide the residents of Ayr and surrounding communities with protection from devastating loss caused by fire. The tradition of ‘neighbour helping neighbour’ is the backbone of mutual insurance. Ayr Farmers Mutual (AFM) is proud to be an Ontario Mutual.
Over the past 124 years, AFM has always remained cognisant of the factors contributing to our past success while focusing on a progressive mandate for the future.
We see our competitive advantage in building relationships and a positive image in the communities we serve. Maintaining and preserving our strong brand presence and reputation is paramount to our success. We provide our products and services through a dedicated group of staff, agents and brokers.
It is our goal to demonstrate value to our customers through every contact with an AFM staff member or agent.
Our niche market is providing farm policies, however personal line products comprise the majority of our business. Commercial insurance opportunities continue to progress in growth for the organization.
AFM has enjoyed enviable growth within an 80 km radius of its geographical locale. Our success can be attributed to our excellent staff as well as a financial focus which concentrates on the health of our bottom line.
If you are interested in working for a company with an authentic “customer focus” as part of a visionary business plan, this may be the ideal opportunity.