Financial Analyst (3 Month Contract)
- Aeryon Labs Inc.
- Job Function
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Financial Analyst (3 Month Contract)
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for reliability and performance. We enable professional users to collect high quality aerial images and data in demanding applications.
The team at Aeryon Labs is passionate about building solutions that help people do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently – and equally passionate about the people who enable us to be successful. We offer careers that allow you to collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry, exceed your expectations and be at the forefront of a fast-moving, growing industry.
Our expanding requirements to support a growing organization has given the opportunity to build out our Finance Department, specifically in the strategic planning and analysis team, and we are looking for an experienced finance professional to fill the role of Financial Analyst (3 Month Contract) .
About the Position
As part of the Finance team reporting to the Director, Finance; the Financial Analyst will provide primary financial support; to one or more departments including monthly reporting and analysis, maintaining the budgeting/forecasting model and various business analysis to support finance during Aeryon’s rapid growth and organizational change. All roles at Aeryon require great teamwork and a passion for getting things done, the right way. We work smart and hard by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders.
As a Financial Analyst (3 Month Contract) you will:
- Lead planning and forecasting cycles including developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts and budget reviews to roll up to corporate reporting
- Support Sales funnel and operation/production plan alignment and analysis
- Collaborate with the Accounting team and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of monthly/quarterly closing/estimates
- Partner with functional leaders to create short and long range plans and track progress against plans and projects at detailed level
- Create/Review financial models to support business case decisions
- Provide decision support to assist in mitigating risks and capitalizing on opportunities
- Contribute insightful recommendations on ad hoc projects including support of ERP and other system implementations
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing, meaning you are hands on and thinking at the same time “Think, then do”. You see your success through the overall performance of the company and its reputation. You are comfortable working with cross functional teams and supporting your colleagues to help everyone get things done right. You thrive on challenge and learning but most of all, you want to be a part of something and see the results of you and your colleagues work.
What you bring
- Ability to multi-task and convert analysis and business needs into action
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Decisive and works well in fast paced ‘Call to action’ environment
- Ability to inspire confidence in sponsors and key stakeholders, fostering close professional relationships with the Accounting team and business partners
- Enjoys problem solving and critical thinking and can relate solutions to stage of company size and growth
- A drive to exceed expectations by delivering insightful analysis
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience in Financial Planning and Reporting roles
- Experience working in manufacturing and technology industries
- CA, CMA, MBA or equivalent
- Detail oriented, rigorous time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership to meet deliverables on time
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Advanced Excel skills, Access may be an asset
- Experience with systems implementation and project planning an asset
- Experience with ERP, Sales forecasting and supply chain management software an asset
**Interested applicants must apply via www.aeryon.com/careers**
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please call (519) 489-6726.