You have a thirst for knowledge and all things manufacturing. In your free time, you find yourself creating and developing Manufacturing Systems and concepts from the ground up and you’re passionate about delivering amazing user and customer experiences. Highly organized and with the know how to clearly communicate with cross-functional teams both internal and external, you will drive excellence across the organization.
What you'll do:
Your primary responsibility will be to define and support the product specific manufacturing plan required for assembly, test, inspect and pack. In partnership with the Mechanical and Electrical Hardware design teams, Supply Chain and other engineering groups, this will include equipment, jig and fixture design, specification creation, directing and managing vendors, installation and qualification of suppliers, systems and equipment.
- Facilitate DFx reviews with the design and production teams
- Define the manufacturing plan
- Develop and implement the assembly, test and inspection processes
- Develop and implement maintenance programs for equipment, jigs and fixtures
- Manage equipment purchase and installation
- Prepare manufacturing documentation
- Coordinate projects
- Work closely with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve issues and provide technical support
- Develop systems and layouts that follow lean manufacturing philosophies of one piece flow and kanban, with emphasis on mistake proofing
- Lead and direct meetings with other team members and hourly associates
- Manage tooling and gauge design and drawings
- Provide training and guidance to all employee levels in the operation and maintenance of new equipment
What you need:
- A BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Control Systems or Quality/reliability related discipline
- Lean manufacturing practices (Kanban, Poke-Yoke, JIT, Value Stream Mapping)
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to define tooling / equipment specifications and requirements
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities in addition to effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Design and application knowledge of ergonomic and machine safety standards
- Autocad/Solidworks/MS Office suite
Bonus points for:
- Experience in working with high-volume contract manufacturers and have an understanding for manufacturing needs such as Dfx, process control and inspection standards
- Comfortable working with electronic hardware, tools, fixtures, and gauges
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.