TITLE: TEST ENGINEER/AUTOMATION DEVELOPER
Passionate about testing. You want software to work - and work reliably over time. You see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility and opportunity. You don’t see problems; instead, aided by your strong technical and testing skills, you see boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe test automation is fundamental to the success of software. You enjoy being part of a team that is building software solutions that make life easier and more fun! In fact, you're a fun person to be around - you enjoy helping others you grow and develop - making the team successful.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for test automation developers like you.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- You'll help enable new ways for our financial customers to build solutions for their businesses, delivering Omni Channel platforms which allow business transactions to be completed in a dynamic and intelligent fashion.
- You'll participate in requirements reviews (story design reviews) to ensure testability.
- You'll author clear and concise test cases to cover the entire scope of user stories
- You'll execute manual test cases as required
- You'll write and maintain automated integration and end to end tests.
- You'll collaborate with "the team" - working with Product Owners, Software Developers, Scrum Masters and Project Managers to deliver solutions and capabilities that exceed expectations.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Someone who just gets it. From system architecture to technical specifics, you see the big picture and how everything—and everyone—works together from start to finish.
- A bit of a perfectionist, but in all the best ways. People trust you to make the right call—quickly and confidently.
- The one everyone wants on their team. You simply bring out the best in other people.
- A University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with continuous deployment methodology and tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in quality assurance and testing or software development
- Experience with Eclipse, JUnit, object oriented development, web applications and source control
- A quick mind that solves problems in a fast moving environment. You know how to balance multiple projects (with varying priorities, of course!) all at once.
- The ability to learn existing and new applications quickly, independently, and with moderate supervision. You figure what you need to do and how to do it, then do it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Cloud/SAAS, PaaS development experience
- Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Database technologies including Oracle, Cassandra or MySQL.
- JEE application servers such as IBM Websphere, JBoss or Apache Tomcat.
- Experience working with high volume transaction systems.
- Working knowledge of performance testing and tuning.
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development) using JUnit/Cucumber.
- Mobile application development experience - iOS and/or Android.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
ABOUT NCR CORPORATION:
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global tech company that changes how people everywhere bank, shop, eat, and travel. Our software, hardware, and services enable over a half billion transactions daily. Headquartered in Atlanta, we are leading how the world connects, interacts, and transacts with business. ncr.com
At NCR, we believe we can change the way the world works. We’re one of the world’s first tech companies, and still going strong. We know the online and mobile worlds better than others—and see patterns that no one else sees. Our software can survive under the pressure of hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.