Marketing Data Program Manager
You’re responsible for managing data enablement for the Marketing team. You’re a database and/or data platform expert - you can design/architect but you’re at ease defining, documenting and communicating requirements. You understand Marketing Automation solutions such as Salesforce, Marketo, Selligent, and others. Collaboration with our Marketing team to define data needs is key - as is working with our Product and Engineering teams to capture and centralize customer and usage data. You’re a key stakeholder in our GTM strategies as our centralized data will be the foundation for customer analysis, segmentation, media optimization, lifecycle marketing, CRM and eCommerce. Working closely with the Head of Lifecycle marketing, you own the data road map for the company including data migration/integration strategy across various systems including ERP, eCom, Marketing, and Manufacturing.
What you will do:
- Guide projects from conception to completion, overseeing all aspects including requirements gathering, scope definition, resource planning, budget implications, risk management and change management
- Act as Data migration and delivery Project Lead, and create a phased data migration plan
- Communicate project plans, status, schedules, issues, and dependencies in a timely manner and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Change management, project documentation and participation in project reviews
- Resolve problems, planning issues and project changes and escalate appropriately
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders and team members to envision and design successful ever-green data capture and migration plan
- Develop project management procedures and documentation to include project business requirements, schedule, best practices and test plans to ensure efficacy and consistency
- Lead engaging, well-run project status meetings, well-organized project presentations and accurate action-oriented meeting minutes
- Establish project management reporting and outline actionable insights to measure effectiveness and SLAs
- Provide strategic and tactical insight and recommendations on process improvements for how project management should evolve as the business grows
- Foster relationships with internal "stakeholders" and external vendors: gather and document data needs (customer and program/eCommerce analytics) and requirements from the Digital Marketing, CRM and eCommerce teams as well as customer support and manufacturing
- Manage expectations by collaborating and effectively communicating with all levels of the organization: Coordinate with IT and Customer Services teams to operationalize data feeds from their various systems (Netsuite, Shopify and others) into a central database/platform
- Create and document APIs/integrate appropriate data into the respective functional systems including the Marketing Automation solution for CRM , Shopify for eCommerce, and others
- Implement data interface agreements including data validation and QC measures
- Monitor and communicate project progress to stakeholder and project team including use of project status reports and tracking tools/metrics
What you need:
- A bachelor ‘s degree in business, marketing ops., engineering, science or a related field
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a hands-on Project Manager in a data-centric environment
- You have a solid understanding of current enterprise, marketing & eCommerce tech solution landscape
- Experience working across teams and stakeholders in a cross-departmental model
- You’re a “Get it done”, self-motivated professional who thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with Digital technology (Web, community, online advertising, personalization, CRM, social, etc.) is required
- Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills to clearly articulate ideas, frame problems and offer solutions
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize deliverables with tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn new things and do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to manage a wide range of priorities and help the team to do the same through effective time management and direct communication
- Capable of resolving problems and overcoming obstacles to keep projects on track
- Understanding of project management methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall
- Solid knowledge of Web technical and design processes
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a startup or agency
- An understanding of digital marketing, CRM and/or eCommerce is a definite plus
- Deep Email and Mobile Push Notifications experience
- Basic skills in HTML/CSS
- Experience with Google Analytics and dashboarding tools such as Tableau
- Deep knowledge of and passion for emerging technology (e.g. VR, AR, IOT)
- Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.