The Support Services Innovation Lab is hiring a North American Director! The Innovation Lab is a new organization within PTC which is dedicated to accelerating our pace towards Support Services long term vision. Industry research, automation, proactive & predictive support, analytics, new tool analysis, online platforms, as well as emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence will be within the scope of the Lab’s mission.
Your role as the Innovation Lab’s North American Director will be to help with building & implementing our vision for the future of the organization. You will be responsible for vision & strategy, leveraging industry research & best practices to drive us forward, and for leading innovation initiatives within the Lab with our team of incredible Engineers. The role will provide a balance of strategy building, people leadership, innovation work, and executive alignment responsibilities.
The role will initially be focused on crafting & building on a vision for our online support approach but will rapidly evolve as initiatives take off.
The Innovation Lab will be a fast paced environment. A startup team with the support of an established organization. We believe that this role is an excellent opportunity for those that thrive on change and innovation.
This position is available in our Waterloo, Ontario, Canada office.
- Provide high level leadership to the newly established Innovation Lab
- Lead a dedicated team of talented Engineers on research & development projects in a innovation lab environment.
- Work with senior leadership on crafting a vision & strategy for the future of innovation within Support at PTC. Initial primary focus will be on our online vision/ strategy but will evolve over time
- Take ideas from research, to validation, to potential implementation. The Lab is an environment focused on innovation and pushing Support towards an incredible future and you will be responsible for helping us get there
- Stay connected to industry trends and research
- Assist with Lab governance and transparency. Budget, stakeholder management, leadership alignment, etc.
- Working cross functionally with departments outside of Support in order to get things done quickly
- Strong people-leadership skills. The ability to guide and lead without micromanaging
- Comfort and experience working in a fast-paced startup environment. Dealing with and embracing ambiguity will be a key factor of success
- Experience working on initiatives related to online/ community technologies, automation, and analytics
- A strong capacity and desire to innovate and drive change. The candidate will be expected to apply their knowledge to unique challenges within the Lab
- The ability to manage multiple priorities in parallel
- A strong desire to drive towards tangible outcomes – a balance of ability to test & experiment with the need to show tangible outcomes
- The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead Lab initiatives
- The desire to learn new soft and technology skills and the desire to coach, mentor and train throughout the organization.
- The ability to work with team mates in a collaborative manner to achieve a mission
- Presentation skills to present on technical and functional topics up to an executive level
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar fields
- 12+ years of related professional experience
- 5+ years of leadership/ management experience
- Experience in web application development and use of related technologies
- Experience working with technically diverse teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills up to an executive level audience
- Strong ability to perform self-driven work in a tremendously fast paced environment
- A desire to work with multiple stakeholders to ensure our solutions are right for our Customers both internal and external
- Fluent in English
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Previous experience working within a Technical Support environment
- R&D leadership experience
- Experience working with or developing online services – Communities, Chat Bots, Knowledgebase systems, etc.
- Experience in implementation, support, consulting or development in enterprise business applications
- Experience working in an Agile development environment