Software Development Manager
- Virtek Vision International ULC
- Job Function
- Engineering, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
Virtek Vision International ULC, A Gerber Technology Company, is the world leader in providing precision laser-based projection and inspection products used in aerospace, industrial and heavy equipment markets. Our solutions enable customers to produce their products better, faster and at a lower cost.
As the Manager of Virtek’s talented software engineering team, you will be responsible for leading the design, development, testing and release of Virtek’s industry leading software applications. Virtek products are used around the world to build aerospace structures, wind turbine blades, heavy equipment, building trusses and many more highly technical, complex products for leading OEM’s and their supply chain.
- Drive a culture of innovation and quality by collaborating with Architects, Product Managers, Product Owners and Applications Engineers.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills in an Agile software development framework.
- Build strong and robust development processes using metric-based results.
- Has a passion for “build it right the first time” and creating an environment of enabling team members to contribute to the release of new products and growth of the company.
- Develop and mentor your team. Responsible for recruiting and performance management of software and software QA personnel including assessing skill level, identifying gaps, providing training, setting goals, measuring results, and following through
- Support Project Mangers to create reliable and achievable project plans. Work with the team to estimate work, assess risk and provide effective delivery plans. Plan for resources (headcount) required to implement workload, and to optimize productivity.
- Assess new technologies and innovations to determine how to utilize them to enhance current and future products.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a software development manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. Preferred Masters degree.
- Proven experience of successfully building and leading Agile teams.
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices.
- Worked in environment that integrates both hardware and software into the end products.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies including TDD, Scrum.
- High technical competence in C#, .Net, C++ based software architectures and applications
- Must possess excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with background in geometric or CAD oriented space desired.
- Must possess excellent client presentation skills and team communication skills.
- Strong judgment, prioritization, and decision-making abilities