Assistant Controller, Reporting & Analysis
- Virtek Vision International ULC
- Job Function
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Full time
Virtek Vision International ULC, A Gerber Technology Company, is the world leader in providing precision laser-based projection and inspection products used in aerospace, industrial and heavy equipment markets. Our solutions enable customers to produce their products better, faster and at a lower cost.
As an integral member of the Finance team and reporting to the Controller, this role is primarily hands-on reporting, analysis & accounting duties interacting with various departments within the company. This role is responsible for performing financial analysis and modelling; preparing annual budgets and monthly forecasting; and analyzing and communicating revenue, cost, expense and non-financial metric variances to management and cross-functional teams.
Functions will include, but not be limited to:
Reporting & analysis functions
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and management analysis.
- Provides variance analysis, modeling, and other reports as required to analyze, track, and identify financial results and gaps, along with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Leverages data cube to build robust margin reporting and analysis.
- Assists in annual budgeting and forecasting cycles: preparation, ongoing revisions and completion for a number of templates for regions, product lines and departments.
- Participate as team member in cross-discipline R&D project teams.
- Weekly accounting for deferred revenue contracts.
- Weekly cash forecasting and submission to head office.
- Monthly upload into head office ERP & financial modelling programs using advanced Excel functions for conversions.
- Completion of Statistics Canada surveys as required.
- Ad hoc projects as required including research/reporting.
- CPA designation an asset with a minimum of five years financial planning & analysis experience
- Strong analytic skills and change management capabilities
- Strong report writing skills with ability and desire to interpret financial information for non-financial audience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and ERP skills
- Experience in business case modelling
- Experienced with multi-currency
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to think creatively