Backend Laravel Developer
- Quarry Integrated Communications
- St. Jacobs
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
Are you interested in working in a creative atmosphere with smart people who are committed to delivering the best work possible for our clients? Quarry is currently seeking a backend PHP/Laravel Developer to join our Digital team. Applicants should have expertise building supporting infrastructure for front-end websites & web applications using PHP/Laravel for both smaller-scale applications, as well as larger scale enterprise solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with experienced front-end developers and our design team
- Maintaining and improving upon legacy code of existing sites
- Building web experiences for a range of sites with our team in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Translating design comps into standards-based, accessible code that is search engine friendly
- Managing multiple projects and delivering them on time, to spec and with an appropriate level of communication
What we’re seeking:
- An understanding of usability, accessibility (WCAG, ARIA, supporting assistive devices), cross-browser & device compatibility as well as semantic markup
- Mobile First, Progressively Enhanced, Responsive-Web-Design experience
- Proficiency in PHP/Laravel and server administration, LAMP stack primarily but Node.js, Nginx etc. experience a plus
- Experience with the Git version control system
- Proficiency with headless Linux in a hosting environment, macOS for development and Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch for working with design assets
- Proficiency creating back-end code within existing web platforms, web frameworks and/or web-based Content Management Systems
- Proficiency in database design and maintenance
- Ability to integrate code into Content Management Systems while always keeping the end-user experience in mind
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Quarry is the single agency to drive real growth for brands with complex buying journeys. Our 90+ team of modern marketing strategists, creatives and technologists do this for some of North America’s most respected brands.
Quarry is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation through the application, interview or selection stages, please contact Shelley Facey, Director People.
Interested applicants please send an email to Shelley Facey, Director People (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your résumé and a cover letter and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for this role.
While we appreciate the time you took to submit your resume, due to volume only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.